Glutamine, one of the most abundant free amino acid forms found in the human body. Located in the human muscles. Known for its ability to pass the blood/brain barrier. This means that it can essentially work as brain fuel as well as fuel for your muscles.
Table of Contents
Top Amino Acid
An amino acid used in the biosynthesis of proteins. Which is why some consider it “anabolic-like”. Its side chain is similar to that of glutamic acid, except the carboxylic acid group is replaced by an amide. It is classified as a charge-neutral, polar amino acid.
These amazing abilities of glutamine make it particularly good for anyone seeking to improve both their physical and mental capabilities.
An important amino acid with many functions in the body. It is a building block of protein and critical part of the immune system. What’s more, a special role in intestinal health. Your body naturally produces this amino acid, and it is also found in many foods.
Converting into glutamic acid in the brain. This nutrients is fundamental to proper brain functioning. Cerebral function can be improved. Glutamine or Glutamic acid also helps to increase the amount of GABA, which is a potent cognitive enhancement nutrient.
Also help to maintain and rebalance acid/alkaline systems in the body. This can greatly help with digestive and colonic issues.
Also one of the building blocks for synthesizing RNA and DNA in the human body. This again helps improve cognitive functioning.
Helps the muscles to maintain their mass. Glutamine is released from the muscles under times of trauma, stress and anxiety and as such should be supplemented during these events.
Bodybuilders, athletes and dieters find Glutamine to be an important supplement. L-Glutamine a specific form can also help with a variety of common health ailments. A perfect natural bodybuilding supplement.
Used as a means of aiding with arthritis, autoimmune diseases, intestinal disorders, peptic ulcers, tissue damage, and fibrosis among other illnesses. Beyond this, it can provide important immune system aids.
L-Glutamine can also help to reduce sugar cravings making dieting much easier. Also used for those struggling with alcoholism as it can help to diminish the cravings for alcohol as well.
An important workout supplement for all of the above reasons. Found in raw foods like spinach and parsley. But destroyed when cooked. Glutamine also found in natural bodybuilding supplemental form. While generally very reasonably priced.
Bonus Muscle Building Workout While Taking Glutamine
Day 1: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Legs, Biceps, Triceps
- Chest – Barbell Bench Press – 4 sets of 8 reps
- Back – Lat-pulldowns – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Shoulders – Seated Dumbbell Press – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Legs – Leg Extensions – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Biceps – Barbell Bbicep Curls – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Triceps – Triceps Rope Pushdowns – 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 2: Legs, Triceps, Biceps, Chest, Back, Shoulder
- Legs – Leg Press Machine – 4 sets of 8 reps
- Triceps – Overhead Bar Extensions – 3 sets of 20 reps
- Biceps – EZ Bar Curls – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Chest – Machine Chest Press – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Back – T-Bar Row – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Shoulders – Lateral Raises – 3 sets of 20 reps
Day 3: Shoulders, Back, Chest, Legs, Triceps, Biceps
- Shoulders – EZ Bar Upright Rows – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Back – Close-Grip Pulldowns – 4 sets of 12 reps
- Chest – Cable Fly – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Legs – Lunges – 3 sets of 10 reps per leg
- Triceps – Skullcrushers – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Biceps – Hammer Curls – 3 sets of 12 reps